Bariatric Support Groups
Meetings are held on a monthly basis, usually the second Tuesday of each month. The purpose is to provide long term support. Support groups are designed to give you the opportunity to network with other patients, motivate you to stay on track and provide you with important information and tools to keep you on your journey to the new and healthier you.
We offer an educational opportunity each month; we often have guest speakers that will present topics that are relevant to patients who have had or are preparing for bariatric surgery including exercise, nutrition, plastic surgery, and more. We also have patients who share through testimonials that inspire others. Pre-operative patients can gain insight on life after surgery and what to expect.
Some of the topics we had in 2009 were:
- “Getting Back on Track”
- Tanita Scale for body composition
- Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon Speak
- Nutritional Bingo by Bariatric Advantage
- “Katie Jay’s The 21 Most Common Mistakes Weight Loss Surgery Patients Make” handout and group discussion
- “Protein Tasting”
- Guest Speaker Ronald Clayton, Certified trainer.
- Presentation by the dietician: “Tips on Healthy Eating for the Holidays”
- December was our Christmas Party serving a Bariatric Friendly meal, door prizes.
- Hematologist spoke about Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Monthly patient testimonials
To begin your journey to a happier, healthier you, click here to request a consultation with one of our bariatric surgeons. Or you can call Valley Surgical at (956) 630-4161 and one of our helpful staff members will schedule your appointment.